The UN-Grammafication of America continues and continues to piss off Grandmas everywhere…Psychologically, it is an evolutionary imperative that language will evolve, much like its speakers. The problem is, this phonetic evolution usually leaves the previous generation feeling a bit communicatively chafed. Theres a whole group of Syntax Scorned Seniors shaking a rigid finger at an out of control youth.
I am a rabid word blender on a mission to make my modifications mainstream. I advise everyone to get on board and become their own Grammar Guru.
One of my favorite sites:
Some other links on the subject:
- Language News: Gear Up for National Grammar Day! (lingeducator.com)
- Word Nerds, Rejoice! It’s National Grammar Day [Video] (geeksaresexy.net)
- Questions: On Information, Language and Talking Drums (waarisderadio.wordpress.com)
- Linguistics Breakthrough!!! (rosettastone.com)
- Language Fun: Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry (lingeducator.com)
- Chomsky Reconsidered – Indymedia Ireland (chomskywatch.wordpress.com)
- Linguistic Illusions Probe How Language Works (pbs.org)
- The Story of Na’vi Language From The Science Fiction Story Avatar. You Can Learn It Too (socyberty.com)
- Resources: Academic articles on Linguistic Pedagogy (lingeducator.com)