I stumbled a great site about body language and figured I would share.
As we all know, communication is essential in society. Advancements in technology have transformed the way that we correspond with others in the modern world, yet when conversing face-to-face, it’s not only speech we verbalize that matters. Body language is truly a language of its own. We all have quirks and habits that are uniquely our own. What does your body language say about you? And what can you learn about others by becoming aware of what some of the signs mean?
I thought it would be fun to list some of the well-known signs that body language experts study and recognize. It is said that when talking to a person the information that we receive can be broken down as:
- 10% from what the person actually says
- 40% from the tone and speed of voice
- 50% is from their body language.
- How to Understand and Interpret Body Language (psychology.about.com)
- Body Language of Love (socyberty.com)
- Benefits of Learning Body Language (socyberty.com)
- Body Language – Gestures [Margit “Success” Jones-Hochstrasser,] (ecademy.com)
- Body language gives away bad gift disappointment (holykaw.alltop.com)
- Activities to Support a Thematic Unit on Emotion (brighthub.com)
- How to Read Minds: Body Language at the Gaming Table from Critical Hits ” RPG (critical-hits.com)
- Andy Murray swears by bad body language in Australian Open defeat | Martin Kelner (guardian.co.uk)
- Book Review: The Unfolding of Language (delamagente.wordpress.com)
- Obama-O’Reilly Handshake: ‘A Severe Power Struggle,’ Says Body Language Expert (VIDEO) (tvsquad.com)